Insert and Update Objects
You can use the following ways to insert the objects in a .obj file:
- Drag-and-drop a .obj file into the application window.
- Choose File ▸ Insert… (⌘I) or click the button on the toolbar, navigate to a .obj file and click the Insert button.
You can also insert objects from another Unfolder document (.ufd file). In this case, the unfolded objects will add to the current document without re-unfolding.
Unfolder allows you to update the inserted objects using a modified .obj file. Unfolder will only re-unfold the modified parts to avoid losing the editing you have done in the unmodified parts. You can use the following ways to update objects:
- Drag-and-drop a .obj file into the application window and choose Update in the popped dialog.
- Choose File ▸ Update… (⌘U) or click the button on the toolbar, navigate to a .obj file and click the Update button.
To remove objects, select them with the Select Tool and choose Edit ▸ Delete (⌘⌫). If an object consists of multiple patches, all of them must be removed together. You can select all patches in the same object by choosing Edit ▸ Select Linked (⌘L).
Unfolder Sync is a plug-in for Blender and Cinema 4D, which allows you to send objects to Unfolder without need to export the .obj files.
To download the plug-in, choose Unfolder ▸ Unfolder Sync Plug-ins…, choose the 3D software you are using and click the Download button.
You can install the plug-in for Blender in the following steps:
- Open Blender's preferences (Edit ▸ Preferences…).
- Switch to Add-ons tab.
- Click Install… button and choose the downloaded plug-in file.
- Check the checkbox before the list item to enable it.
You can install the plug-in for Cinema 4D in the following steps:
- Open Cinema 4D's preferences (Edit ▸ Preferences…).
- Click Open Preferences Folder… button.
- Move the downloaded plug-in file into the plugins folder.
- Restart Cinema4D.